Bacon Potato Chowder
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups (6 med.) cubed 1/2 inch new red potatoes
- 1 cup (2 med.) chopped onions
- 8 oz. (1 cup) carton dairy sour cream
- Small colorful peppers, for garnish
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 10 3/4 oz. can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. thyme leaves
In 3 quart saucepan cook bacon over medium heat for 5 minutes; add potatoes and onions. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender (15 to 20 minutes). Add remaining ingredients. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until heated through (10 to 12 minutes).
Microwave directions: In 3 quart casserole, combine bacon, potatoes and onions. Cover; microwave on high, stirring after half the time, until potatoes are tender (12 to 18 minutes). Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover; microwave on HIGH until heated through (2 to 4 minutes).